Sintered and Electroplated Diamond Rotary Dresser Wheel
Diamond rotary dressers are tools designed to effectively form and dress conventional abrasive grinding wheels and CBN wheels. They feature a quick and accurate form for dressing. This makes them essentially applicable for the mass production of key parts without compromising a high degree of accuracy.
The diamond rotary dressers are of two types: Sintered and Electroplated diamond rotary dressers. They are high-precision diamond tools ideal for oblique external grinding, cutting tools, ballpoint dressing, injection parts, and aircraft blades.
- Ideal product for dressing, forming, cutting tools, and grinding.
- Great wear tolerance, which makes them great for consistent dressing possible with minimal variation.
- Come with improved precision for shaping wheels, with superior dimension accuracy
- Lower grinding and maintenance costs due to its superior longevity for natural diamonds
- Customizable designs, which can be on a single product or assembly.
|Type||Manufacturing Method||Grit Distribution||Applicable Size||Profile||Dress Method|
|RZ||50 – 230||200|
|SZ||50 – 230||250|
|Z||10 – 300||250|
|SX||20 – 180||150|
|X||20 – 300||150|
Diamond rotary dressers are high-precision tools designed for manufacturing products, machine parts, and other equipment. It’s a practical and effective means used in the modern world by high-tech industries.
Types of Diamond Rotary Dressers
The two types of diamond rotary dresser include:
- Sintered diamond rotary dresser
- Electroplated diamond rotary dresser
Sintered Diamond Rotary Dresser
A sintered diamond rotary dresser is perfect for large quantities of high-precision machining. It’s also suitable for every kind of high hardness grinding wheel. Several diamond rotary dressers such as the CNC track-type need the processing and manufacturing of sintering. This is because they are expected to have good strength and abrasion resistance with their cobalt metal as bonding materials and tungsten carbide bond as skeleton material.
Applications of Sintered Diamond Rotary Dresser
A sintered diamond rotary dresser is commonly used in several manufacturing industries, including:
- Hydraulic Industry: piston pump, connecting rod, blades, etc.
- Tool Industry: drill bits, milling cutter, hob thread, slotted blade
- Light Industry: refrigerator compressor, bicycle axle
- Automotive Industry: valve body, valve parts, crankshaft, piston ring, transmission parts, engine components
- Bearing Industry: bearing raceway, straight rail pair, cone-bearing, and spin bearing
- Machine tool Industry: gear processing, ball screw, guide rail
Features of Sintered Diamond Rotary Dresser
- High precision and efficient tool
- Suitable for gear grinding, textile machinery, aerospace, etc.
- Ideal for large quantities of high precision machining
- Great for every kind of high hardness grinding wheel
Electroplated Diamond Rotary Dresser
The electroplated diamond rotary dresser contains multiple thin layers of grains with diamond embedded via the electroplating process. Lower dressing resistance, which is perfect for fine-grained wheels and narrow-axle grinding wheels, is offered by these thin layers with superior grain density.
The electroplated diamond rotary dresser is designed with high-strength diamond, making the diamond content ( on the surface) of high quality with less impurity.
Types of Electroplated Diamond Rotary Dresser
Electroplated diamond rotary dresser has two types. These are:
- Outer plating method: This is a cost-effective, simple, and short cycle method. It’s usually used when the precision requirement is not high, which can be because of the inconsistency in the diamond particle diameter.
- Inner plating method: This method features high purity and high strength. This implies that the quality of the diamond is higher with few impurities. Without the dressing process, having a high precision will be very easy. So, there are many diamond particles on the working surface and many cutting edges in dressing, providing less wear and better shape accuracy.
Applications of Electroplated Diamond Rotary Dresser
- For rails, general bearings, screws, and valve parts in the machine tools Industry
- For inner-surface grinders with vitrified CBN wheels.
Features of Electroplated Diamond Rotary Dresser
- Easy-to-use and not too high precision requirement
- Low-cost maintenance, high accuracy, tool efficiency, and high performance
- Helps with the growth of the mechanical industry (machinery, automobile, aerospace, etc.)
Popular Applications of Diamond Rotary Dresser
A diamond rotary dresser is applied in various fields of technology and machinery. Below are some of its popular applications:
- For profiling wheels, the tools are used for oblique external grinding
- Used as cutting tools to dress vitrified bonded wheels and resin bond wheels
- To make a negative electrolytic plating of high accuracy ideal for high precision vitrified bonded wheels.
- For wheel profiling through a high-precision negative electroplated in the aerospace industry.
- For ball joint
- For forming gear grinding machines.
Factors to consider when choosing Diamond Rotary Dresser
- The workpiece information: Ensure you know some basic information about the machined workpiece, including its name, material, technical requirements, heat treatment state, machinery accuracy, and machining allowance (radial, axial, etc.)
- Machine tool: Like the first point, ensure you know some basic information about the tool. These may include the manufacturer, model, type (external cylindrical grinding, crankshaft grinding, surface grinding, bearing grinding, etc.). Besides, you should know the processing methods, application objects, and machining accuracy.
- Grinding wheel: Ensure you know the size of the wheel, especially its thickness, outer diameter, and bore diameter. Also, look at the technical parameters such as grain size, abrasive, bond, hardness, linear velocity, and so on.
- Driving equipment: Focus on the size of the diamond rotary dresser (such as its width, max diameter, and bore diameter) if you’re using driving equipment with the process. Nonetheless, consider the processing method, dressing clamp, and size of the diamond rotary dresser if you’re not involving driving equipment.
- Grinding parameters: You should equip yourself with information such as the grinding wheel linear velocity, the workpiece RPM, feed speed, feed amount, grinding coolant, dressing cycle, etc.
- Dressing position: You may choose the dressing position according to the client’s requirements and the present situation.
Tips on How to Use Diamond Rotary Dresser
The tips below can guide you when using a diamond rotary dresser on your workpiece:
- Ensure the application of one grade coarser in the grain size of the diamond rotary dresser is more than the size of the grinding wheel.
- Ensure that the rotary dresser’s steering and the grinding wheel are opposite as you maintain their line speed. The line speed ratio between the grinding wheel and the diamond rotary dresser should range between 0.3 and 0.6. In the process, the rotation speed must also avoid multiple relations.
- Ensure you avoid impact between the grinding wheel and the diamond rotary dresser during the dressing process. The single dressing quantity can be fine or rough. During the finishing process, you should adjust the grinding wheel model to 0.02 to 0.04mm.
- Ensure the policy is duly followed during the dressing of the grinding wheel. In addition, you should always note that when fast feeding is applied, it can’t get in contact with the grinding wheel. The required cutting speed feed is used by a slow feeding phase. The light repair policy uses the withdrawal movement, ensuring the tool’s service life.
A diamond rotary dresser is a useful tool in several industries, including aerospace, automobile, machiner, etc. It features high efficiency, high accuracy, and low cost. It’s the ideal tool for truing and dressing conventional abrasive grinding wheels.
More customized Diamond Tools are available, contact us.
Error: Contact form not found.