Detail Description of Flat Diamond Lap Disc for Sapphire :
A flat diamond lap can be used for rough and fine grinding on Sapphires, as well as general lapidary grinding when precision is required. Toppers, top plates, and faceting laps are all terms used to describe diamond lap discs. Diamond lap discs, like nickel electroplated discs, employ top-grade diamond powder on 1mm-thick steel, resulting in the highest-quality lap available.
Flat diamond lap discs are made of steel, resulting in a significantly longer lifespan. Furthermore, they are ideal for heavier-duty grinding. Slant Clabber lap machines and comparable flat lap machines with a 1/2″ arbor may employ diamond lap discs. They are available in 6″ and 8″ lap diameters, as well as a wide range of grits.
Diamond lap discs come in two different varieties. You can purchase them with or without backing plates. When you order them with backing plates, they will come pre-bound to an acrylic backing plate, eliminating the need for additional assembly. When purchased without backing plates, however, they will include a 3M pressure-sensitive and high-tack adhesive backing, making attachment to backing plates simple. Furthermore, practically every diamond lap disc manufactured has 1/2″ arbor holes. It’s also worth mentioning that the maximum RPM is 4,000.
For numerous reasons related to usage, a flat diamond lap disc is preferable. For the following activities on Sapphires, they are ideal tools for the professional cutter or any serious enthusiast.
- Grinding and shaping: This is the process of molding gemstones to a desired rough form using diamond-impregnated wheels. A preform is a rough shape that is used to create a final product.
- Lapping is a procedure that utilizes one side of a vibrating or revolving flat disk called a lap, and it’s quite similar to grinding and sanding. Faceting is the process of creating a flat surface on a stone. Copper-bronze alloys, cast iron, and steel may all be used to make laps.
- Faceting is the transformation of fine raw into a gleaming polished gemstone.
- Cutting: This is the process of polishing raw gemstones into usable rounded or faceted shapes. Lapidary, or gem-cutting, is the term for this procedure.
Below are the specs of flat diamond lap disc featuring lap diameter, hole size, and thickness:
|Flat Diamond Lap Disc for Sapphire|
|Material||Lap Diameter||Hole size||Thickness|
|Diamond||6″ and 8″||1/2″ (12.7mm)||3/64″ (1.2mm)|
|The specification of polishing wheels for a lapidary gemstone is subject to change|
Features of Flat Diamond Lap Disc for Sapphire
When working on a gemstone like sapphire, there are many reasons why a flat diamond lap disc may be favored over other comparable items. Some of these distinguishing characteristics include:
- Cutting, grinding, faceting, shaping, and lapping gemstones are all possible with this instrument.
- Carry out both coarse and fine grinding.
- When accuracy is required, we provide general lapidary grinding.
- It has a long lifetime and is ideal for more intensive grinding.
- Standard 6″ and 8″ diameters with 1/2″ arbor holes are available, and they may be tailored to the customer’s specifications.
Every gem cutter understands the value of flat diamond lap discs. They may be regarded as excellent suggestions for any lapidarist since they are excellent for grinding, shaping, lapping, faceting, and cutting. They are well worth considering since they have adequate specs and distinctive attributes.
More customized grinding wheels are available, contact us.[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]