Vitrified Bond CBN Mounted Points
When it comes to small machining, job applications, and high-volume foundry operations, these Vitrified CBN Mounted Points are the perfect tool choice. This type of mounted point is commonly applied for steering pump, compressor, bearing races, injection nozzles, hydraulic lifter, gear bores, and many more. This tool is consist of a vitrified bond type and carbide boron nitride (CBN) abrasive grain that are used to produce various materials such as high-speed steels, high carbon, high chrome steels, tool & die steels, cast iron, and other materials.
Features of Vitrified CBN Mounted Points:
- Highly efficient removal rate. This tool can ensure a cool cut with a much lesser burn. Plus, it guarantees 30% higher efficient removal rates.
- Outstanding features. This mounted point has the same outstanding features as the aluminum oxide mounted point. These are super abrasive materials that have a high grinding process, especially on hard to rough materials.
- Very durable. Like any CBN abrasive tool, this mounted point is not easily worn out and can provide longer service life. With its low heat-generated property, you can assure much higher durability compared to other types.
- High grinding performance. It has the best performance in terms of cutting, grinding, and processing material with its high workpiece precision characteristics.
- Control and consistency. This tool is very capable of maintaining a good shape and cutting on any type of material.
Detailed Description of Vitrified CBN Mounted Points
Vitrified CBN mounted points are excellent abrasive tools specialized for grinding materials with high hardness and toughness properties just like hardened steel, bearing steel, high-speed steel, stainless steel, heat resistant steel, and titanium alloy.
Product Specification of Vitrified CBN Mounted Points:
These mounted points are consist of a single layer of abrasive with a nickel alloy matrix and an exposed particle. The mandrels of these mounted points are designed from high-speed tool steel with a variety of tools and grit sizes available in the market.
Here are some popular specifications of Vitrified CBN mounted points that you can check out. Special parameters on sizes and shapes can be done depending on the client’s preferences and needs. The give grit sizes are in standard form but more of these can be customized.
|Item Name||Abrasive Grain||Bond||Head Diameter (D)||Head Thickness (T)||Shank Diameter (d)||Total Length (L)||Grit|
|Vitrified CBN Mounted Points||CBN (Carbide Boron Nitride)||Vitrified||3 mm
|3 mm||3 mm||25 mm or customized||100 #
Here’s a more detailed specification:
|Shape code||Diameter (mm)||Arbor Hole(mm)||Height(mm)|
Special Properties of Vitrified CBN Mounted Points
These Vitrified CBN mounted points offer an excellent quality when it comes to concentration/grit, shank, and dressing.
- Concentration or Grit
The grit of the mounted point talks about the volume of the ultrahard abrasive grain when being applied. The concentration of the grit should be chosen depending on its application. This is an important property to ensure effectiveness during the grinding process.
A tungsten carbide shank is usually used for Vitrified CBN mounted points. This property contributes a lot to its elasticity feature that is considered three times greater compared to steel materials. And because of that, you can keep the grinding pressure at its minimum level. Here are some of its benefits.
- It has a shorter grinding cycle by decreasing the spark-out time.
- The shank definitely improves the tool’s life.
- The shank also reduces cost in the tooling and setting.
- It creates an excellent surface finish.
- It creates progress in workpiece geometry.
To achieve geometrical accuracy and prevent dull abrasive grains, this dressing property is applied. This is one way of freeing the surface from loading while keeping a free-cutting tool. A coolant substance is needed in dressing Vitrified CBN mounted points under wet conditions and the methods will depend on how hard the tool was.
Materials Fitted for Vitrified CBN Mounted Points:
- stainless steel
- ultra-hard steel
- reverted steel
- aluminum alloy
- magnesium alloy
- titanium alloy
- dental mold/resin grinder
- glass and stone
Applications of Vitrified CBN Mounted Points
For high accuracy cylindrical grinding applications and high grinding performance on hardened metals and aerospace alloys, Vitrified CBN Mounted Points are the best super abrasive types to use. Here are some of its great applications.
- This mounted point is mainly used for work processes like the internal grinding, tool, and cutter grinding, tool sharpening, stock removal, and deburring.
- This tool is also suitable for producing a steering pump, hydraulic lifter, gear bores, compressor, injection nozzles, bearing races, and many more.
- Various industrial fields and workplaces like the auto industry, bearing industry, aerospace industry, CBN grinding wheel, and vitrified bond grinding wheels industry uses this type of mounted points on different work fields.
- Vitrified CBN mounted points are perfect for producing ceramic parts on semiconductor manufacturing equipment.
- Its features and properties contribute a lot to creating automobile powertrain parts like the parts of fuel injection pumps, steering parts, etc.
- These mounted points are also applied on aspheric lens molds, bearings, precision gears, and for bearings specifically miniature ball bearings.
- These tools are also capable of creating turbine blades for aircraft engines and power generators.
- Plus, this CBN mounted point is great for automobiles specifically for turbochargers, general steel materials, and casting deburring.
Benefits of Vitrified CBN Mounted Points
Compared to other mounted points, Vitrified CBN Mounted Points have their own quality. Its superior dressing ability is a big factor for mass precision production internal grinding. There are still more good things about this mounted point tool. Here are some benefits of using Vitrified CBN mounted points.
- For high volume, coarse grit, rapid metal removal, and surface prep applications, these mounted points are very much recommended with their tough and durable bond feature.
- This tool is quite versatile in that it has its own optimization for various vitrified applications.
- These CBN mounted points have a unique, engineered ceramic grain and shape which help in achieving high volume and high-speed alloy grinding operations.
- Aside from this, this mounted point tool has a 33% longer service life and 37% better metal removal rates compared to other mounted points type.
- You can assure good workpiece consistency and good cutting or grinding shape with its high-quality holding form compared to other mounted points.
- This tool can definitely withstand operating pressure and gratifies most tools and die for deburring requirements. This is what makes Vitrified CBN mounted points the best tool choice for small job shops with cool cutting performance and less burn feature.
Technical and Storing Tips for Vitrified CBN Mounted Points
For safety purposes on the side of the operator and to keep the tool from functioning well, here are some technical and storing tips you can take note of.
- Choose a medium to rougher grain size and grit level when you are grinding faster. This will certainly meet the needed requirement and special usage in the process. But you have to be very cautious to not get the surface too rough.
- A two or three group of grit can be used to achieve that faster grinding and finer grit. Start the grinding process with a rougher grit, then eventually switch it to a much finer one.
- Store the tool in a dry and wide place. This is to prevent the tool from getting worn out that easily and maintain a long service life. Keep it at a 10-30 degrees temperature on a ventilated area. This will contribute to lessening the density on the mounted points which also decreases damages.
- A tool shelf can be a great tool for keeping the tools from accident incidents. You may place the heavier mounted points at the bottom of the shelf, while the smaller and lighter mounted points at the top and middle part of the shelf. To avoid any distortion, arranged the mounted points in their safest position.
- You can store the mounted points in a place that is much accessible and will not create chaos in its surroundings. Moving them to a larger and more accessible area is a much better idea so you can roam around and do your work.
Vitrified CBN Mounted points have their own unique quality when it comes to various applications especially for grinding, polishing, dressing, and deburring fields. These mounted points are the perfect tools for grinding various hard metals and rough materials like steel and alloys. To equip yourself with more knowledge about mounted points check our website and visit this link http://agrindtool.com/?s=Mounted+Points&post_type=product.
[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]Need more customized mounted points, feel free to contact us.