Electroplated Mounted Points
Electroplated mounted points are great grinding tools for several materials. They are abrasive mounted points that feature various shapes and peculiar specifications, which are used for precision grinding, sculpturing, dressing, and internal grinding.
These mounted points are of two main types: Electroplated diamond mounted points and electroplated CBN mounted points. Electroplated diamond mounted points are often used for materials such as carbide, ceramics, glass, and sapphire. Electroplated CBN mounted points, on the other hand, are great for tough material such as high carbon, high chrome hardens steels. Precisely, electroplated mounted points remain great tools used as grinding pins.
- High-grinding efficiency and precision.
- Long service life, wear resistance, and optimum performance.
- Non-corrosive and eco-friendly (no dust pollution)
- Available in different shapes (applicable for metal/non-metal parts and several artworks).
Electroplated mounted points are undoubtedly specialized grinding tools featuring two different types that are characterized by various applications, specifications, and features.
Diamond Electroplated Mounted Points
The electroplated diamond-mounted points are designed with high-quality material (diamond alloy). They are used in the internal and precision grinding of different materials, making small holes in ceramics, carbide, superalloys, glass, sapphire, and any tough nonmetal materials.
The head of these grinding tools helps bind the materials with a binding agent. In addition, the tools are often installed in machines for grinding or polishing.
Applications of Diamond Electroplated Mounted Points
Diamond electroplated mounted points are used in the industrial fields as grinding pins internally or externally for different materials. Some of the typical applications of this type of electroplated mounted points include internal grinding, dressing, and precision grinding.
Below are the applications of electroplated diamond mounted points in our industry:
- Precision grinding
- Cutting tools grinding
- Jig grinding
- Cutting and machining cement.
- High precision grinding for glasses frame
- Artwork Industry for wood carving, stone carving, jade carving, and ceramic artwork
- Gemstone processing industry for the production of precious metal parts and super finished dental equipment.
Specifications of Diamond Electroplated Mounted Points
Selecting accurate specifications will depend on how to apply the diamond electroplated mounted points. These grinding tools come in a range of standard shapes, which will vary according to a customer’s requirement. Some of these common shapes include
- A Shapes Mounted Points
- B Shapes Mounted Points
- W Shapes Mounted Points
Note: Most electroplated diamond mounted points are mounted or applied on a 1/8” shank (3 mm or 1/4″ shank, which is 6 mm).
Below are the well-known specs of Diamond Electroplated Mounted Points.
Features of Electroplated Diamond Mounted Points
- Offer free cutting properties and high-performance removal capacity due to their large protrusion and higher abrasive concentration.
- Fast production of specialized shapes and profile tools
- Ideal for precision grinding
- Long service life, wear-resistant, and optimum performance
- Smooth surface grinding, fine finish, and Corrosion-resistant
- Feature single layer of exposed diamond particles which offers aggressive cutting action
- Comes with mandrels designed with high-speed steel to handle operating pressure
- Provide a durable and hard bond because of its nickel alloy matrix.
- Internal grinding or jig grinding
- Perfect for ceramics, granite, carbides, sapphire, and glass.
Electroplated CBN Mounted Points
Electroplated CBN Mounted Points are designed for high-speed precision grinding/internal grinding, creating small diameter hole machining, and dressing tough materials such as high carbon, high-speed steels, tool & die steels, and high chrome steels.
This type of electroplated mounted point can offer high material removal rate. Besides, they are characterized by free cutting and low heat build-up, which are usable in different situations.
Applications of Electroplated CBN Mounted Points
Electroplated CBN mounted points are ideal for the internal grinding of cast irons, tool & die steels, high-speed steels, and hardened steels. They can be used for injection nozzles, bearing races, compressors, and steering pumps.
Below are some of the industries and fields that use electroplated CBN mounted points:
- Mechanical key parts industries (for mechanical parts, mold parts, etc.).
- Automotive industries (for the rounded corner of oil hole for the crankshaft, cylindrical processing, etc.).
- Electrical engineering fields (for burring and superfinishing small parts)
Specifications of CBN Electroplated Mounted Points
Below are the common specification of CBN Electroplated Mounted Points:
|Order No.||Type||ØD||T||N||L||ØB||Grit Size|
- The 150# grit level is the well-known grain size and grit choice for electroplated CBN mounted points.
- There is an option to choose different shapes of mounted points. This applies to both Electroplated Diamond and CBN Mounted Points.
Features of CBN Electroplated Mounted Points.
- Feature single layer of exposed CBN particles which offers aggressive cutting action
- Ideal for jig grinding, precision grinding, and internal grinding
- High strength and durability because of the application arrangements of the hard carbon and high chrome steels.
- Their strength and durability are attached to how they feature nickel alloy matrix
High-quality cutting quality and fine finishing
Need more customized mounted points, feel free to contact us.[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]